In one of my previous post I had demonstrated how to, Download Large Files from SharePoint Online. While the file download is working perfectly fine, but, I was constantly getting the following error while trying to load/access it’s properties,
Value was either too large or too small for an Int32
In this blog post, I’ll show how to use SharePoint REST API, in a C# console application i.e., .NET server side, to fetch ListItems from a SharePoint Online List.
Read More »
I have this application, in CSOM, which used to get the entire ListItems of a SharePoint List at one go to perform certain operations. All was well and good, until, I exported a brand new SharePoint List from Excel. The List had around 5400 items (>5000). When I tried to fetch all of its items, in the same way, I received the following error:
The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator
In the above screenshot, I have applied a GroupBy setting on a SharePoint View. I needed the same exact values in my application through JSOM. However, all of the online examples, that I came across, were of retrieving all the ListItems of a SharePoint List. You can either retrieve all the items at once or in batches, but there seems to be no provision of applying grouping or aggregation on the ListItems through code!
Somehow, I wasn’t convinced of this and was vehemently against this idea of pulling all the data on client-side first, thereafter applying grouping and aggregations.
I had this code, https://realmpksharepoint.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/get-webpart-page-of-a-sharepoint-site-using-web-services-c/ which I was using to download the html content of a SharePoint page along with all the web parts. The importance of this method is that it eliminates the external file references, so in the response, you will get the schema of all the web parts of that page only.
The code was working fine until recently, when it suddenly stopped working and I started to receive the error, 403 Forbidden.
I had a SharePoint hosted app. In this app, I was querying a List’s item using SharePoint REST API.
While I had no issues querying items based on a specific query, surprisingly, for certain columns, I was not getting any values. Following is my code snippet that was trying out initially: